The Franks Law Firm
Attorney Joseph “Joey” R. Franks grew up in West Monroe, Louisiana. After graduating from West Ouachita High School, he attended the University of Louisiana at Monroe where he graduated with a major in speech communication in 2008. Throughout high school and college he worked at various jobs including pouring concrete, carpentry, factory work at a paper mill, laborer at an antique auction, operating an antique store, and operating a salvage yard.
Following college, Joey went to work for the Louisiana and Delta Railroad where he began as a train brakeman. He received promotions to train conductor and locomotive engineer before going to work with the Canadian National/Illinois Central Railroad.
In 2011 however, Joey entered Mississippi College School of Law where he graduated cum laude in 2014. While in law school, he served on the Moot Court Board, as treasurer of the Student Federal Bar Association, the Civil Law Society, and as a student librarian.
Joey opened The Franks Law Firm, PLLC in June 2014. Since then he served hundreds of clients in the legal areas of Federal Employer’s Liability Act (FELA), Mississippi DUI Defense, Mississippi Criminal Defense, Mississippi Personal Injury, and Mississippi Workers’ Compensation.
For hobbies, Joey enjoys amateur photography, afternoons at Turcotte Shooting Range, hiking, and traveling. He is extremely grateful for the love and support of his mother, Floyce Franks.
- Mississippi College School of Law (JD – Juris Doctor – 2014)
- University of Louisiana at Monroe (BA – Bachelor of Arts – 2003)
- Rising Star (Super Lawyers 2017 – 2018)
- Rising Star (Super Lawyers 2016 – 2017)
Membership & Associations:
- Mississippi State Bar (Member – 2014 – Present)
- National College for DUI Defense (2018 – Present)
- Mississippi Association for Justice (Member – 2014 – Present)
- American Bar Association (Member – 2011 – Present)
- Madison County Bar Association (Member – 2014 – 2017)
- United Transportation Union (Member – 2009 – 2010)